Tuesday, January 18, 2011

RDWC Week #2

The point of a challenge is that its supposed to be challenging, right? I think I like to give myself too many excuses and I need to just suck it up and do it! I suppose this is a consistent theme in my life, whether its doing that workout instead of napping, or applying for jobs I don't think I'm qualified for; I won't get results unless I try.

Meal and workout plans by day.
Last week when I started the Roller Derby Workout Challenge, I was also starting a new job at Target. It's still minimum wage but I should be able to get forty hours a week and still grab shifts at the coffee shop. It's just a stepping stone in my plan to someday get a career I've always wanted, because right now I just have to dig myself out money issues. Since Target has regulated breaks, it helps keep my meals in check, and also makes me think ahead. I was doing pretty good at eating the prescribed meals most of the week, and wrote out a menu on a white board for a quick glance at options. 

Later in the week I had some days where I was working at both jobs and was starting to feel a bit overwhelmed and started fudging portions and indulging in little sugary things. Then I was too busy to fit in a workout, or would just come home and pass out and forget to workout. I can take some pretty legendary coma naps, so instead of just "shutting my eyes for a second," I should get the workout done and then I can sleep all I want. 

It is going to be hard, and I'm sure nobody has an easy schedule. I like the food and I enjoy feeling strong and accomplished after a workout, so I need to just tighten up what I've already accomplished in one week. Maybe I can finally instill some good habits and stop listening to the sugar fairy every time she comes around. 

I already feel better and less bloated and have had compliments on how I look, imagine how I'll feel 7 more weeks from now! 
-L4D

2 comments:

  1. I am with you sister! I have been having some troubles with it too. Yesterday was the absolute worst for me. Hope this week goes better for you! Keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!! P.S. -- I love the whiteboard idea. It appeals to the NSO in me. :)

    ReplyDelete